Thursday, September 14, 2017

Location Location Location - R2BC

Location location location (I'm top right). 


It's that time of the week again. Here are my Reasons 2B Cheerful this week. As usual I've joined the linky being hosted during September by Michelle from Mummy From The Heart.

1
ALEH
The highlight of this week was obviously the ALEH event. A wonderful evening organised by wonderful people for an amazing organisation.

2
Diary of a Millenium Baby
DD has started writing a daily diary - in English. It's something she started off her own bat with no suggestion from me. Today she decided to start writing in cursive, after reading Muggie Maggie by Beverly Cleary. Who says that books don't influence children. She kept coming to me with requests for various letters in cursive. I'm impressed and proud of her passion for writing. Yesterday she said she might like to write a blog - but not include the secret things. Of course not include the secret things.

3
Locker Luck
I finally have a locker to be proud of in the teachers' room at my school. For two years I was the locker in the corner at floor level in the smaller block of lockers. I tried swapping the stickers around a couple of time so that I got a seemingly unoccupied locker but the owner always reappeared and swapped us back. Then, the other day someone pointed out that a teacher had left and her locker in the bigger lockers block was empty. I wasted no time moving in.

Finally, room for my teabags and private mug. Room to store notebooks for marking, textbooks, papers, anything I need for working during breaks and free periods without having to retrieve my stuff from a dusty stockroom in the furthest bomb shelter - which is where I had been keeping things for lack of any other solution.

I have to mention that I'm on the same row as the Deputy Head. Just four doors down in fact - she has locker 1 and I'm at number 4. You could call it a penthouse, although it's the same size as all the other lockers in the block -  no balcony or anything. I'm wondering now if I have building rights on the roof.

4
The Learning Lab
DD has been invited to attend the Learning Lab at school. It's twice a week from 2.20 when school ends, till 5pm. It's very similar to the afternoon programme she already goes to but with more emphasis on work. They help them with homework and to prepare for school tests, concentrating on Hebrew, Maths, and English. Obviously we don't need the English but the other subjects are very welcome.

That's all for this week folks with best wishes to everyone for many Reasons 2B Cheerful over the coming week.


6 comments:

  1. So jealous of the locker! Good luck with her diary and potential blog. The Learning Lab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am rather chuffed with my new locker. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh get you with your fancy penthouse locker, I'm sure you get the rooftop storage now too! Well done to DD for starting her diary and being accepted into the new programme. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to lie low for a bit on the roof situation.

      Delete
  3. Great that you finally got a good locker and lovely to read that DD has started a diary - I think she should definitely think about a blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so do I. She could be Youngchild Schoolpupil.

      Delete