Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tuesday Tidbits #43 - No Honestly

1
An Honest Reply
Me: DD! Do you want to see this photo of me as a baby that my cousin just sent me?
DD: Nah. It'll probably be boring.

2
An Honest Mistake
DD: Can you make orange soup. I feel like having orange soup.
(Delighted that she wants something healthy I go and buy carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato and onions. I make orange soup, Unfortunately DD comes in and sees it before I've had a chance to liquidize it.)
DD: What's that? Ugh it's got vegetables in it.
Me: It's your orange soup that you asked for.
DD: I didn't want it with vegetables in it! Take those vegetables out!
Me: You don't take them out, you blend them in,
DD: No, take them out! I don't want them blended in! Take them out! I know I asked for orange soup but I didn't want it made with vegetables! NOW TAKE THEM OUT!
(Reader, I have had delicious orange soup for supper every day this week. And there's still some in jars in the freezer.)

3
An Honest Misunderstanding
This one is from my adult students learning English as a foreign language. 
Me (with a wondrous look on my face): Did anyone see the supermoon last night?
Class (after a moment of stunned silence): Superman? Did she ask if we saw Superman last night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment