Saturday, November 5, 2016

Five Of The Best

Filofax: the ultimate Listography master.
Listography is back! Kate Takes 5 has resurrected for a one off to celebrate her 6th Blogiversary. My 6th is a still a few months away but I'm happy to help Kate celebrate. Listography was always one of my favourite linkies.

This week's list is five of your favourite blog posts.

It was hard making the selection. It took time as I got caught up in reading old posts I have loved. There were also some posts that could be deleted with the passage of time. Many photos and video clips have disappeared if they were copied from other sites. I've learned only to use my own photos.

I really ought to go back and edit this whole blog but with 766 posts, it's not something I could quickly do while waiting for the eggs to boil.

1. This was a fun post. A tongue in cheek guide to blogging. Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask. Surprisingly, the whole competitive side of blogging and the stats has faded into irrelevance for me (as I know it has for many of us veteran bloggers). But there are a million new and more professional bloggers out there who will find this to be essential reading.
The Blogging Charter

2. Another of my favourite linkies for a while was The 100 Word Challenge. Each week we received a prompt from Julia's Place and we had to write 100 words on the subject. This one was re-writing a Christmas carol from the Woman's point of view.
Not So Silent Night

3. I just like this one. A bit of nostalgia.
The Sound of Music and Me

4. It had the makings of a best seller. It was so obvious. But unfortunately it had to be scrapped due to it being based on a pack of lies and fakery.
Why The Downton Diet Won't Work

5. I'm still hoping that Filofax will choose me to be a Filofax Ambassador or whatever people who get sent brand new Malden Filofaxes in soft aubergine leather are called. Meanwhile, this is a personal history of my lifelong love affair with Filofax.
Dear Filofax

Thanks for this Kate and Happy 6th Blogiversary!


8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading those post, particularly the Blogging Charter which made me smile and yes, I totally get the Filofax thing, I love them and always will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki, I was wondering if anyone would actually read the posts so I'm very happy that you did and that you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting going back and seeing how we developed as writers and photographers isn't it? I had totally forgotten the 100 word challenge and you've now made me want to watch the sound of music again. Do love that film! Thanks for joining in and always being there over the years. Much love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year when you and Gemma have your blogiversary posts I am surprised that both of you started blogging a mere few months before I did. When I started you were two of the experienced bloggers I looked to for advice and inspiration. LOL. So thank you for being there over the years.

      Delete
  3. Ooh I always loved Listography! I'm not sure what happened but I hadn't realised that Kate's post weren't hitting my blog reader :( Well, that's my job for tomorrow now - writing my own top 5, and coming back to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a one off. There' not been Listography for ages. Over a year I think.

      Delete
  4. Ooohhh we've both mentioned the 100 word challenge although I've attributed mine to someone else - I'd forgotten about Julia's prompts too. I loved your Blogging Charter and so glad you've picked a Filofax post - I've just realised that none of my own choices are stationery related!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can that be Nickie? I think you'd better pass the stationery crown over here. :)

      Delete